Sunday 24 August 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (24/08/14)

The Sunday Post hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It's Monday! hosted @ Book Journey

THIS PAST WEEK ON MY BLOG:


Plus, updates for Bout of Books Readathon - Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6 


WHAT I READ THIS PAST WEEK:

Even though not a whole lot happened, I really loved Fool's Asssassin and The Witch of Salt & Storm was OK but beautifully written.

These books really suprised me, I really enjoyed them and I can't wait for the next book.

Reading this was like watching another episode of Firefly, so really good.

WHAT I AM READING NOW:

As I write this, I haven't actually started Trial by Fire but it is all set to go on my Kindle :-)

ADDITIONS TO MY TBR:
Stacking the Shevles hosted @ Tynga's Reviews
Showcase Sunday hosted @ Books, Biscuits and Tea




WHAT I BOUGHT:
Kindle:
I am taking a whole module on Shakespeare at uni this year, so I figured I should do some brushing up on the bard and this book seems fun.
FOR REVIEW:
From Edelweiss

From Netgalley


I don't really know what any of these books are about, but I am still looking forward to reading them.

UPCOMING WEEK ON MY BLOG:

Review: A Girl Walks into a Blinddate
Bout of Books 11 Progress for Sunday 24th
Top Ten Books I Really Want to Own
Bout of Books 11 Wrap-Up
Review: The Queen of the Tearling
Feature and Follow #10
Review: Virgin

WHAT I PLAN TO READ NEXT:

I really, really need to make a start on my university reading list, so I have a plan. I am going to read one school book, then a book I want read, then a school book etc.etc. What book I am going to read first I don't know yet, but I hope it's not terrible.

IN REAL LIFE:

As I participated in the Bout of Books Readathon this past week, I mostly spent my time reading. Mostly, towards the end of the week I slacked in the reading department and just watched lots of TV and Youtube videos. But I still got five books read which is not too shabby.

13 comments:

  1. I got Snow Like Ashes and I'm excited. I hope it won't disappoint though :)
    I'm also a fan of Holly Black's Curse Workers series, but am not sure if I will read this book with Cassandra Clare as i'm not a fan of the latter.

    Hope you enjoy your new books!
    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm curious about Trial by Fire again. It lost some of its steam for me the past few weeks but I've been seeing positive reviews as well as want-to-read or currently-reading lists that include this one so hmm.. maybe. And great plan for balancing your books for school and books for leisure. I hope I can have the same control and discipline to do what you plan to since I'm also taking one class this semester. LOL :) Have a great week ahead!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hobb's assassin, I really have to continue this series (*smacks head*). I keep seeing The iron trial everywhere, can't wait for the review ! Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 books?! That's awesome! I read a few novellas this week so it looks like I read a lot, but, hehe...I'm kind of cheating there. OH but I've herad such good things about Trial by Fire! I'm really excited for it. Oh and A HANDFUL OF DUST!! *flails a little* I never knew book #1 was getting a sequel until recently and I'm just really really happy it is. It's one of my favourite books. :))
    My Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done - it does look like you get through an awful amount of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You managed to read a lot this week. Enjoy your new books and good luck with your course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got The Iron Trial this week too! My SNL is reading The 100, and she's really enjoying it. I still need to read Not a Drop to Drink! Hope you have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was interested in The Iron Trial for my eldest granddaughter and Snow like Ashes for me. Many good books you have, so enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 5 books, wow. That's great. Looking forward to seeing a review of the new Robin Hobb, I read the Assassin books years ago and liked them, it will be nice to see what the story holds now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about uni books. I found it SO hard to keep up with the reading when I was there. Kind of took the fun out of reading sometimes. You have some really interesting looking books here. Here is my Showcase Sunday post for this week. I picked up four new ones http://www.ablondelibrarian.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/showcase-sunday-3.html x Oh and your blog is great, I'm a new follower on Bloglovin :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice book haul! I am hoping that Trial by Fire is a good one. Happy reading.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's a Bill Bryson book on Shakespeare that I really enjoyed that I'd recommend if you're looking for extra reading (I'm sure you have time!). It did a good job with putting historical context around Shakespeare. I haven't seen the Firefly books! My husband's birthday is coming up and I think he'd love them. Thanks for sharing! Off to go hunt them down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to read In A Handful of Dust!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and I always do my best to comment back. I will also try and give your blog a visit X