Tuesday 30 December 2014

2015 Goals and Resolutions

Weekly event hosted @ The Broke and the Bookish

BOOKISH
1. Read at least one book from my giant TBR pile a month. I currently have about 200 unread books on my physical bookshelves and just as much on my Kindle. I need to get reading!

2. No impulse book purchases and all planned purchases must be within £10 a month. University books do not count. This should help to stop my TBR from getting too much bigger.

3. Read a little everyday. To help with this, I will create a bedtime routine that includes at least 20 minutes of reading, so if I don't get any reading in during the day, I will still read something.

4. Only request ARCs that I really, really want to read. No more requesting books just because they have pretty covers or whatever.

BLOGGING

5. Write at least two discussion posts a month. I would like to post one every week, but I don't want to aim to high and fail, so 2 a month is good.

6. Reply to comments much sooner. No matter how busy I may get with school and life, I will reply to all comments as soon as possible.

7. Write reviews within a few days of finishing the book. I have a bad habit of leaving it far too long between reading the book and writing the review, and I end up having to skim the book to refresh my memory. No one has time for that!

8. Blog more consistently. Stop letting boring real life getting in the way of the way more fun blogging.

PERSONAL
9. Lose 14lbs. I Have way more than that to lose, but it is a good start.

10. Journal more regularly. I think I make this a resolution every year and each year I probably journal one day more than the last. So here's to journaling more in 2015 than in 2014, even if it's only by one day.

Anybody else have similar resolutions?
Whatever your resolutions are, good luck and have a fabulous and productive 2015

6 comments:

  1. I am trying to add some more discussion posts too - I just wish I had some more original things to write about that I thought people would want to read! LOL!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Missie, I am not worrying if my discussions are original or not. It's my blog and I will post what I like, even if it has been done before. Besides, I am sure plenty of people missed all those wonderful discussion posts that came before. So, if you want to discuss something just go ahead and discuss it - don't hold back. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Ah yes. I know the feeling of having way too many books on my bookshelves. I hope to read more for me this year rather than review copies. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading just for yourself is a worthy goal. I am sure that by the end of the year you will have more read than unread books on your shelves. :-)

      Delete
  3. #7 kills me too!! I hate myself for doing it but I can't help it lol... Hope you accomplish all your goals in 2015~

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's terrible isn't it? Just another form of procrastination and it drives me nuts. I will get it under control this year and so will you Eileen. ;-)

      Delete

I love receiving comments and I always do my best to comment back. I will also try and give your blog a visit X