Saturday 1 February 2014

What I Read: January Wrap-up

I didn't have the best reading month this month, I only read 2 books. Granted one of those books was 1000 plus pages, but it was a graphic novel, so an easy read.

The first book I read this year was The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black. The protaganist of this story, Tana, lives in a world where vampires are real, and dangerous. Vampires are contained in walled-off cities called Coldtowns and there are livefeeds that broadcast the going-ons of these cities to the rest of the world.
Waking up one morning after a party, Tana has a horrific encounter with some vampires but manages to get away, along with her ex-boyfriend, who has been bitten (and you know what that means) and a sexy, mysterious stranger. Together they head towards the nearest Coldtown, as they are the safest places for the infected.
The story consists of a range of interesting and likable characters, even the bad guys. The vampires here are not sparkly vegetarians, they are dangerous killers who love to feed on the living. They are of course, still alluring and sexy, especially Gavriel.
I really enjoyed this book and I hope it is the first in a series, as I would like to continue to follow Tana and Gavriel's stories.

The second and last book I read was The Walking Dead Compendium: Volume One by Robert Kirkman & Co.
I did a review on this book, which you can find Here.








I hope that February will be a better reading month, but we'll see. I have nine books checked out from the library at the moment and I would like to get a majority of them read this month. Darn university, getting in the way of my reading ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I always do my best to comment back. I will also try and give your blog a visit X