Wednesday 7 January 2015

Review: Obsidian

Title: Obsidian
Series: The Lux #1
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published by: Entangled Teen on 8th May 2012
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Format: Kindle
Source: Me
Check it out on Goodreads

Goodreads Synopsis: Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.


My Thoughts: This is my first Jennifer L. Armentrout book and I dont know why I waited so long to read one of her books, because it seems everybody and their cat loves her. And now I do too, I may only have read the one book, but I loved it. I loved the characters, they were so real, and the writing (right along with the story) just kept me reading.

Katy just may be one of my favourite book characters, I really could relate to her; we are both the shy, quiet, good girl types, who love books and hiding out on the internet, but if you push too far, and especially if you hurt someone we care about, you had better find shelter because storm coming through. What can I say about Daemon? I kinda have a thing for hot, cocky bastards and Daemon just might be the king of them. I just adored how much he cared for his sister and how despite himself he cared for kat, too.

The relationship between Katy and Daemon just sizzled from the get go, the chemistry between them made me hot under the collar. I liked how theirs wasn't an instalove, although it was obviously instalust, especially for Kat. The two of them were barely friends throughout the entire book, but you just know that no matter how much they both protest, that they are totally hot for each other and actually, deep down, they want to be together. I can't wait to see how their relationship progresses in the other books.

I also loved Dee, she is such a sweet, genuine girl, that you can't help, but like her. I liked Kat's school friends, Lesa and Carissa, and how different they are from each other, totally complementing each other. Kat's mum is great, not pushy or controlling, but was there for kat and obviously loves her, she makes me miss my mum.

As for the Luxens and the Arum, they made me so mad with all there "stupid human" crap, I was like "excuse me, you are a guess in our home, show some damn respect", Katy did actually say that to Daemon at one point and he apologised, but the rest of them Argh!!! When I started reading I was really intrigued about what kind of aliens they would be and you what? I think they are pretty damn cool.

I am going to stop babbling now ;-) If you haven't read this yet, then you definitely should, don't wait any longer, Get Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and I always do my best to comment back. I will also try and give your blog a visit X