Sunday 11 May 2014

Sunday Post: Weekly Wrap-Up (11/05/14)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

THIS WEEK ON MY BLOG:

It's Monday! What are you reading?
Top Ten Tuesday: Book covers I would frame as art
Waiting on Wednesday: The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains
This here post

WHAT I READ THIS WEEK:


Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor

I think I am in a bit of a reading slump, as Dreams of Gods and Monsters is the only book I have read this week and at the time of writing this, I am still reading it. If it wasn't such a highly anticipated read, I don't think I would be reading anything at all.


ADDITIONS TO MY TBR THIS WEEK:
Stacking the Shevles hosted @ Tynga's Reviews





PHYSICAL


Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien

This is one of the two books that I remember reading in school, the other one being Animal Farm. This book has stuck with me for the past 20ish years and I have been meaning to buy it for a while but never got around to it. It is being made into a movie, starring my future husband Chris Pine, and I am super excited about that, so I finally did buy it and I can't wait to read it again. I hope it has the same effect on me now as it did when I was a teen.

KINDLE




The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas
The Deed of Paksenarrion (Omnibus) by Elizabeth Moon
The Stand by Stephen King




Malice by John Gwynne
A Crucible of Souls by Mitchell Hogan
Traitor's Blade by Sebastien de Castell




The Time Traveller's Almanac by Various
The Elements of Elequence by Mark Forsyth
God's Philosophers by James Hannam




The Universe in You by Brian Clegg
A Mind of its Own by Cordelia Fine
Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr Joe Dispenza




The Epigenetics Revolution by Nessa Carey
How We Invented Freedom and Why it Matters by Daniel Hannan
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey

WON

From Goodreads First Reads

Little Egypt by Lesley Glaister

THIS WEEK IN REAL LIFE:

Finally started taking exam revision seriously and now I am scared.
On a positive note I saw both Divergent and Captain America: The Winter Soldier again and they were both equally as good the second time around. My friend who I went to the movies with, has not read the Divergent book but she really enjoyed it, loved Four and hated Peter, and she now wants to read the books.
Oh, and I finally got to see The Vampire Academy movie and haha, I am glad I did not go to the cinema to see it. I will say no more because some people loved it.

NEXT WEEK ON MY BLOG:

As this week, I don't really have the time to write reviews right now, because as you know, they take lots of brain power, thinking, writing and rewriting.  So I will just be sticking to simple meme posts and scheduling them in advance.

Waiting on Wednesday: Hansel and Gretel
Feature and Follow Friday
The Sunday Post

NEXT WEEK IN REAL LIFE:

First exam ARGH!
So lots more stressing, studying and more stressing.
And some packing fitted in there somewhere.

How was your week?

14 comments:

  1. Great haul! I see a few that I'd like to read myself as well. :) Happy reading and have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice book haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and I still haven't read any of them yet!

      Delete
  3. Oh I really hope you'll get out of your reading slump soon. But I'm glad you enjoyed Dreams of Gods and Monsters :) Great haul as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am slowly working my way out, thanks Tanja.

      Delete
  4. Good luck on your exams! I don't think reading slumps count when you're in the middle of all of those. Looks like you got some fun new reads though! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul this week. Good luck on your exams and I hope you move past your reading slump soon. Have a great week.
    Sharon
    My Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Count of Monte Cristo is one I have and mean to read some day, just not sure when- and I've heard good things about The Deed of Paksenarrion as well. Hope you enjoy both those. You have some great looking books in your haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, I hope I get to these books soon.

      Delete
  7. The stress of the exam has probably a lot to do with your reading slump, give it some time and it will pass :) I read Monte-Cristo a long long time ago and I liked it then, but now I'm more interested in "The universe inside you", time flies ! Good luck for your exams !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was definitely a contributing factor. Thanks Iza :-)

      Delete

I love receiving comments and I always do my best to comment back. I will also try and give your blog a visit X